[pct-l] SPOT

Marge Prothman marge at prothman.org
Sun Mar 27 13:41:45 CDT 2011

Hello All,

I am finally back on the list after being off for the past five years.  Some
of the things we are talking about I have never heard of but I will soon
learn.  I do know about the Spot though.  My daughter Carol hiked the John
Muir Trail
last summer and she took a SPOT with her.  It was great fun and reassuring
for those at home to follow the progress, She
sent one from the top of Mt Whitney and I was able to see the little red dot
on the map I printed out of the mountain.

I am really healthy now except for one leg (which has kept me in a
wheelchair) but we are working on that and maybe I will get out of the chair
onto a walker next.  It is great to recognize a lot of you and hello to
those that I do not know.  Cheers,

Marge (the old gal)