[pct-l] SPOT messenger vs McMurdo PLB

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Sun Mar 27 15:07:32 CDT 2011

I think that's only part true.  Nextel and verizon can't share repeaters as they are different protocol.  Nextel uses iden while verizon uses cdma.  Sprint though also uses cdma but ATT uses GSM.

Or perhaps nextel switched to cdma when sprint took over.  Hard to keep track. But not all cell phones can make emergency calls on all networks.

AsABat
PCT Water Reports SoCal http://pct.4jeffrey.net
Send water updates to water at 4jeffrey.net