[pct-l] SPOT messenger vs McMurdo PLB

Toby Maxwell tmm19 at geneseo.edu
Mon Mar 28 13:08:16 CDT 2011

It may sound hypocritical but I agree with everyone.  In response to
Hillary, I guess my response is that I am not as hardcore (I would accept a
life saving heli) but, really the only reason why I will have it is because
my mom said, "I will be much less stressed for the next 5 months if you let
me buy you this expensive toy" given the circumstance my response was a
semi-reluctant yes.  Although I am also funding the trip by my own work and
savings, there is something to be said for helping people who got me to
where I am feel as good about it as I do.  I guess because I am 99.99% sure
I will not even touch the thing, if I do end up getting it, I'll call it my
sentimental item for the trip, maybe put an 'I <3 mom' sticker on it for
good measure.

-toby