[pct-l] PCTA Work Project in Sec E April 16-19

Kev hikevv at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 21:10:46 CDT 2011

Hello Pacific Crest Trail Volunteers,
April 16-19, the Pacific Crest Trail Association will hold a trailwork
project in Section E in the northwest corner of the Angeles National
Forest. If you ever thought you’d like to volunteer to help maintain one
of our country’s premier long-distance scenic trails, this is a good
opportunity.

We’ll work in Mile 502, at the 5400’ elevation on Liebre Mtn, above
Three Points.

PCTA will supply all equipment and tools, and meals for overnighters.
Volunteers can pick one day to work with us, or multiple, and camp with
us at Bear Camp.

Bear Camp is accessed by about 10 miles of forest access road, so a
higher-clearance vehicle is needed, or contact me to coordinate help on
transportation.

Volunteers will need to bring leather work gloves, robust footwear, sun
protection, and wear layered long-sleeve clothing and weatherproof
shell. Day volunteers should also bring a sack lunch and water. We will
be working the segment of PCT behind Bear Camp, so no hiking is required
to access the work.

Feel free to forward this on to other interested parties.  As the date
approaches I will provide complete details to those signing up. Please
respond directly to hikevv “at” gmail dot com if interested in volunteering.

THANKS,

Kevin Corcoran
PCTA Region 1 Sec E Volunteer Area Coordinator
http://pct1e.blogspot.com/