[pct-l] Campo to Warner Springs

Ate Tuna atetuna at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 18:47:35 CDT 2011

You can use going to Joshua Tree to your advantage.  Being there will give
you an idea of how much water you need to carry.  Take the scenic route and
cache some water at Scissors Crossing and Pioneer Mail.  Check the water
report, but a little extra water at Scissors Crossing isn't a bad thing even
if there's already plenty there, especially if you help empty the trash bag.
 Pioneer has a trash can at the bathroom, so caching water there doesn't
really have a downside.  You might as well cache as the Sunrise Trail
trailhead for an extra bit of luxury, but you'll have to walk a 1/2 mile to
the bathroom throw your bottle away.