[pct-l] O2 RainShield Rain Pants

Nikii Murtaugh boundforadventure at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 21:54:32 CDT 2011

The rain pants arrived yesterday.  They are bright yellow and the seams and
hem appear to have been bonded together (no traditional seams with thread).
The hang tag says that it's breathable microporous fabric, although it feels
a lot like Tyvek to me.  Looking at the fabric, it almost looks like mesh,
like the kind used in athletic gear, bonded to some kind of membrane. The
pants are also wind proof and waterproof.  I ordered a large (men's sizing
only), so that they could fit over my hiking pants.  The inseam is long
enough - in fact I might have problems with the legs being too long.  The
hang tag calls it a full cut for comfort.  The pant legs' openings are 19.5
inches wide.  Elastic waist, no pockets.  Includes a stuff sack with a too
heavy nylon cord and cordlock.  I'll be switching that out with round
elastic and a hopefully smaller cordlock.

I'll be easy to spot on the trail, that's for sure.  LOL

Nikii