[pct-l] Keeping in touch without a cellphone

Ryan Filanda hungry82 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 11:43:55 CDT 2011

Hey everyone,

It's almost here! I start hiking in 30 days!

So I wasn't planning on carrying a cellphone with me for very many obvious
reasons, and was instead planning to buy and use calling cards along the way
to keep in touch with loved ones. I only just thought recently, however,
that in the age of cell phones we're in, how many land lines/pay phones are
actually going to be available in the resupply locations along the PCT with
which to use a calling card? Does anyone have some advice on this question
or other suggestions of  economically keeping in touch with the old
telephone? I appreciate it.

I CAN'T WAIT to start walking!! See you all very soon!

peace, love and burning blistered feet,

Ryan
new york city (get me out of here!)