[pct-l] Rope for spring stream crossings

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 10:12:49 CDT 2011

Thanks for the correction, Peanut Eater.  I hiked with The Kern for several
days, and Turbo, and thought I had the story straight.  But I'll just play
the geezer card and plee stupidity.  Those were two good guys, as was Half
Oz.

I too notice much less stability with my straps loose, but have had the
dangers of falling in water with them secured drummed into my head for so
many years, I just do it automatically when I cross water.  Unhooking
anything while you're under water just might not happen.  Plain Slice felt
it destabilized him so much, he stopped loosening them too, and it always
scared me watching him go over anything dangerous, but that was my old
geezer fear for the young.  Everything is a personal choice.  Loosening
those straps is mine.

Shroomer