[pct-l] Station Fire Detour Drastically Reduced!

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Mon May 2 11:27:02 CDT 2011

That change does not go into effect until May 7, according to NITRO from the
PCTA.

The forest service requests we only camp at Sulphur Spring and Messenger
Campgrounds or at North Fork.

There is still the endangered species closure; that detour is being also
modified: from Islip Saddle down South Fork to Devils Punchbowl, west on
Desert something trail to Burkhart Trail and back to the PCT. This avoids
the dangerous road walk and leads to some scenic country.

I have no water info on the trail that will reopen next week, so bring it
on! I understand everything at Mill Creek burned so there is probably no
water there. NITRO said Todd at North Fork should have water for the hikers,
but he must be planning a generator to get it as the electricity is still
out.

AsABat
Water report for So Cal http://pct.4jeffrey.net
Updates to water at 4jeffrey.net