[pct-l] Lugging Water

Charles Doersch charles.doersch at gmail.com
Tue May 3 10:08:08 CDT 2011

Thanks, everyone.

@ Goodness: I've ordered Yogi's -- been waiting for it to be delivered for
quite awhile. Hope nothing's amiss.

I've been reading the _Southern California: Pacific Crest Trail_ by
Schifrin, et al. I just realized I've been conflating "Water Access with
"Resupply Access" -- that's where I saw the larger mileage.

Well, that solves much!

Yep -- I've been wondering about the Nalgene Canteen -- the MSR DromoLite --
the Platypus. Different weights. Different reviews. Some leak -- for some
folks. Some don't.

We generally drink water untreated -- but we try to be smart (bold, not
reckless) about where we pull the water from. At my age and given how many
places I've drunk water from, I apparently have resistance to lots of stuff
that naturally occurs in surface water. But some of the photos of water
tanks in So. Cal. -- stock tanks -- looked iffy. So may bring a little
Clorox with me for those.

Cheers!

I'm going to post a separate subject line for questions on cooking with MSR
tanks.