[pct-l] Posting names

Ann Marie dbanmrkr at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 13:13:30 CDT 2011

Everyone on the trail so far has always asked my permission before taking my picture. I am aware that once they take the picture, it's out of my hands and may appear anywhere on the Internet. If I don't want my info or picture published, I'd speak up.

I don't post hiker names or trail names, out of concern for their privacy. The hikers I've met on the trails always have made other arrangements to notify their friends and family of their safety and plans. It really isn't necessary for those of us following journals to expect an up-to-date account of the hiker's journey. Many delay their postings for a week or more out of convenience or lack of connectivity. I prefer to not worry about them and simply hope they are having more fun than I am at home (which of course they are....)