[pct-l] Posting names

Meridith Rosendahl meridith.rosendahl at gmail.com
Wed May 4 19:46:18 CDT 2011

In the process of picking up hikers and giving rides I always have my camera
with me and ask permission to take photos of anyone I happen to find at the
trailhead.  I try to remember to tell them I will be posting their photo on
Picasa and letting PCT-l know that I've updated my album from time to time
so that friends and family will know that their loved one has made it this
far.  I've never had anyone refuse to be photographed, but I certainly would
understand if they didn't want that and would respect their choice.

I never use given names unless they have no trail name.  I never use last
names (but I'll double check to make sure I haven't).  I prefer trail names,
actually, because I probably know a dozen Bobs, 2 Scotts, innumerable Judys
and wouldn't be able to associate those names with a new face.  But I'd
never forget a Shroomer, for instance.

I suppose I could ask for a photo and give them a choice as to whether they
would want their photo published so that at least I'd remember whom I'd met.

I too have a strong aversion to letting anyone know when I travel, so I
completely understand the concern.

Piper's Mom