[pct-l] Bikes on PCT

Richard Elliott richard93yj at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 12:08:52 CDT 2011

"It's hard for us as hikers to complain about bikes on the PCT when we ignore trail closures, build illegal fires and refuse to carry bear canisters when required. (This is not directed at James, but all of us hikers in general)

How can we make credible complaints to stop the encroachment of bikes and dirtbikes on the trail, when we ourselves are so quick to ignore the regulations we find inconvenient?

I'm guilty as well, having camped in places where I shouldn't have. I managed to rationalize that decision just like the mountain bikers rationalize their decision to ride the trail.

So it goes.

Gary"

Gary,
Please don't include me with your list of crimes on the PCT.  I'm not the kind of jerk who ever builds fires.  I think it's highly irresponsible along most of the PCT.  There is absolutely no need for it.  Don't you have a warm sleeping bag?  People like you start huge forest fires and damage the resource for everyone.  Why don't you just stay home and leave the trail for real hikers who give a damn about the trail?
What kind of idiot ignores trail closures too?  Obviously your just flaming this group, and need to move on to somewhere else.
Everyone who's responsible carries bear canisters also.  Please don't hike the PCT.  People like you who go on lists like this and accuse me of violating rules suck.
Bikes on the PCT are bad, like yourself according to the info in your post.  Just because you have no respect for LNT or PCT, or nature in general doesn't mean the rest of us do too.
Grow up, follow the rules and quit blaming others for your negligence.
Guino