[pct-l] Project underway to write a field guide to the Pacific Crest Trail, Kickstarter opportunity

Justin West cjustinwest at gmail.com
Wed May 4 21:24:48 CDT 2011

Folks,
Apologies for the mass email and/or if you somehow receive this as SPAM, but
I am trying to get the word out to as many people as possible regarding my
upcoming hike of the Pacific Crest Trail and endeavor to crowd fund the
publication of a field guide to the trail.  I thank you if you have already
made a pledge, and would like to update you to know that the funding
process, with only one week to go, has just teetered over the brink of being
funded!  Many thanks again to all the supporters.  The goal of 6,000 was set
intentionally at the low end of feasibility, so we are hoping of course to
raise more in order to make this book and digital app a reality.  If you
haven't seen the kickstarter link yet, you can check it out at:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/866011503/writing-a-field-guide-to-the-pacific-crest-trailand
decide if it is something you would like to be involved with.  Please
feel free to pass along this link to your network, and thanks for taking a
look!
be well all, please do write, but know that we are now out on the trail
(having started on sunday) so email will be sporadic, but I will get back to
you!
justin