[pct-l] Prince William and Catherine to visit California

abiegen at cox.net abiegen at cox.net
Thu May 5 23:33:23 CDT 2011

>From Yahoo News:

LONDON (AFP) – Prince William and his new bride Catherine will visit California in July, following their first official tour as husband and wife to Canada, palace officials announced on Thursday.

"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit California, United States of America, following their tour of Canada in July this year," said a statement from the prince's official London residence, St James's Palace.

"The couple will visit the state of California from 8th July to 13th July 2011. The Duke has long heard good things about the American Pacific Crest Trail.

"They'll be joining the PCT at Mammoth Lakes and hiking in to Tuolumne Meadows."

"We're hoping to meet up with the herd at that point." said William excitedly. "I can't wait to get a cool trail name. I'd like something like 'His Dukeness' or 'The Dukester' but I guess I'll have to take what the other hiker trash give me. I think Kate would like something like "Gold Digger."

Kate injected, "I've always admired the hiker trash chicks. They're so strong and independent and free of the trappings of fashion and societal constraints. It's all about the trail, nothing more. I would like to be more like that."

The royal couple will be traveling on the trail ultralight and so will only be bringing a handful of staff and a dozen or so security personnel. The exact dates and locations of the royal couple will of course be top secret but they do intend on blogging on Postholer.com and posting their pictures to Picasa.

William, the 28-year-old second in line to the throne, has visited the United States before but has never been on an official trek there, while Catherine, 29, has never visited the US.