[pct-l] The PCT spirit lives!

Daniel Haddock Daniel.Haddock at minedu.govt.nz
Wed May 11 18:43:47 CDT 2011

Kia Ora Tatou from New Zealand

A few days ago I posted an email regarding a lost tent that dropped from my pack on the San Felipe section near Scissors Crossing , Southern California.    I was back in New Zealand working again and really missing my tent.  However, within a few hours there were email responses which led to Barb and Charlie who had found the tent and told someone ab out it in the Warner Springs Post Office.  They had sent it home already but then sent it to my sister in Ojai after emailing me.

This was my second experience with the PCT.  Although I was born in San Diego and grew up in Palm Springs, I had never walked the trail until 2 years ago after living in New Zealand for 35 years.  I am blown away by the spirit shown by all the walkers and workers I met on the trail.  Most of all, Barb and Charlie's honesty and reliability has touched me deeply.  Thank you so much to the PCT community!

Regards
Daniel

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail (including attachments) may contain information which is
confidential or legally privileged and may not reflect the Ministry of
Education's view.  The Ministry is not responsible for changes made to this
email after we've sent it. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please
reply to the Ministry immediately and delete both messages.
Thank you.