[pct-l] amtrak stops near pct trailheads or pct road crossings

Halfmile list at lon.net
Thu May 12 10:24:49 CDT 2011

Here are some nearby Amtrak locations, but some of them are 40 miles
or more from them PCT.

Amtrak Trains
San Diego
Victorville
Bakersfield
Truckee
Redding
Dunsmuir

Amtrak Bus Stops
Cabazon
Hemet
Tehachapi
Yosemite Valley
South Lake Tahoe

You could try some of these:

Amtrak to Bakersfield.
Kern Transit to Onyx (18 miles from Walker Pass)
Kern Transit back to Bakersfield, then Kern Transit to Tehachapi &
Mojave (PCT between these towns).
CREST bus from Mojave to Mammoth (part of this bus route runs only Mo,
We, Fr other parts run weekday only) maybe with stops at Lone Pine,
Independence, Bishop
YARTS bus to Yosemite Valley (make sure the Tioga Pass road clear of
snow and open).
Amtrak to Southlake Tahoe
Amtrak to Truckee
Amtrak to Dunsmuir