[pct-l] 90 day section hike.

Khalidur Rahman khalidur at gmail.com
Fri May 13 11:30:02 CDT 2011

Hi, made a thread on whiteblaze but thought I'd try here also.

Doing a 90 day section, landing in LA June 1st.

Start in Campo, putting me at KM late june. I have no mountaineering
experience or an ice axe, will I actually need it? a reply to the thread on
whiteblaze says yes, but I just wanted to know if this is a knee-jerk
reaction to 'record snows' or a valid concern?

Alternatively, I have experience hiking in hot summers in Bangladesh and
Nepal (day hikes, but I didn't know I was hiking...I thought I was just
going for a walk in my back yard!), should I start at Campo and head as far
north as possible? I have 90 days until Aug 29th, so I know I probably won't
compelte a thru. Downsides to this are dried up water sources, and not being
with the pack (in my mind this is a positive but I might regret it after a
few weeks of isolation).

Thanks.