[pct-l] 90 day section hike.

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Fri May 13 19:47:57 CDT 2011

Ate Tuna!

Great response and advice! And that's exactly how it happens. The best
case-in-point concerns Sonora Pass's snow field, north side, pretty good
descent. This area holds its snow until fairly late in the thru hiking
season, so by the time most thrus get there, they have already sent their
microspikes and axes home (like from Red's Meadow). Unfortunately, some have
suffered falls and injury because of it.

Our advice would be to carry both from Kennedy Meadows-south to Kennedy
Meadows-north.

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education