[pct-l] jobs for hikers/lifestyle

Deep Desert Expeditions mike at deepdesert.com
Wed May 18 10:29:15 CDT 2011

"This question is for thru-hikers and those that go on overnight hikes
multiple times throughout the month. What do you do for a living? I am
considering making a career change that would allow me plenty of time to do
what you do either for pleasure or professionally. "

first, please edit your replies so they don't drag the entire digest with them; it makes finding new messages a real treat for the others of us who also receive things in digest form.
second, it's not about what job you have, it's about your "lifestyle".what are your priorities? if you're working 40 hours a week, what are you doing with the other 120 or so hours?
third, why folks keep jobs that keep them indoors all the time is beyond me.  I left that world twenty years ago--and still manage to keep a family and frequently enjoy hikes of various lengths--including the combo JMT/SHR that I'll be tackling later this summer.
it's about just DOING it....like any journey, the first step is the most important--it gets you going!
Keep it Wild,      Mike Coronella   Deep Desert Expeditions   mike at deepdesert.com   www.deepdesert.com   (435) 260-1696