[pct-l] Castle Crags State Park To Close

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Thu May 19 00:14:20 CDT 2011

Generally speaking, the primary purpose of California and National parks is
to preserve and make available to the public natural and/or historic
resources. Camping may be part of the resource made available. But low-cost
camping, over night stays, or competing with private campgrounds is not the
purpose of camping in the parks. If one wants cheap camping, one needs to
camp elsewhere. Likewise for just an over night stay.

I have had enjoyable over nights in Calif state park campgrounds with
various levels and quality of facilities. I have also camped over night in
city parks and commercial campgrounds when necessary. The one amenity I
occasionally need is electricity  to recharge my laptop.

Tortoise

<>  Because truth matters.<>