[pct-l] king 5 news- rescue

Kit Burkhart kitravensong at hotmail.com
Thu May 19 10:17:00 CDT 2011

Wow- it doesn't surprise me. What is the earliest that a southbound PCTer has started?  What has it been like for southbounders starting early- snow conditions, avalanches, etc? How many miles a day can a typical PCTer do in spring snow in the North Cascades while needing to carry more gear for winter conditions?  If I started southbound late April-early May in conditions like this spring I would go a bit eastward where the mountains aren't so steep and reduce the risks of getting caught in an avalanche.

Ravensong