[pct-l] water report update from the field

Justin West cjustinwest at gmail.com
Thu May 19 19:43:54 CDT 2011

Some info I would have found useful from Idyllwild to Big Bear city:
rumors about fuller ridge are blown way out of proportion, bring micro
spikes if you are weak on snow or totally unexperienced, otherwise leave
that stuff at home.  it is about .75mile of non continuous remnant snow
drifts (as of may 15th)

water:
mile 199.5 is flowing (not on water report, but sure would have been good to
know), as are all of the subsequent crossings of that drainage on down the
hike.
mile 211.5 cottonwood canyon: lots of flow (def would have been good to
know, also not even listed on water report) (may 16th)
no name creek just before mile 216.5 is also flowing well as of may 16th

onyx cache was fully restocked (minus the couch) as of may18th 11 am.  lots
of goodies there!

hike well and enjoy the AC we are getting!
justin and li an
www.storythewalk.wordpress.com