[pct-l] Hiker Trash (Literally)

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Sun May 22 19:54:04 CDT 2011

While not all PCT users are thru's - and not all PCT users are litterbugs, some
thru's who do not attend the KO might be influenced by a LNT flyer that they
would get along with their thru-permit. I don't know how to reach (influence
with literature) Section hikers who don't attend KO. PEER PRESSURE will go a
long way.  Back in the 60's when I sometimes hiked/backpacked with the Bruin
Mountaineers (UCLA), I recall that we had a small white card, the size of a
business card, that said in green letters "THIS CAMPSITE WAS CLEANED ,Bruin
Mountaineers".  Our hope was that others camping at that site would be
influenced to leave it as they found it.  I think that I still have some of
those cards.

MendoRider