[pct-l] Walk like a Buddha

Mary Kwart mkwart at gci.net
Tue May 24 20:40:58 CDT 2011

Hi--thanks for your message. This reminds me of a book I bought years ago called "The Marathon Monks of Mt. Hiei". Sounds like it is the same kind of thing. I think that hiking high mileage day after day on the PCT or any trail can result in a higher state of awareness--it certainly breaks down barriers to perception because of cumulative fatigue. You also get to live life more simply and life is more stripped down to basics, like in the monastery.
--Fireweed