[pct-l] SOBO hiker: Hart's pass?

Robert Henry rrh.henry at gmail.com
Wed May 25 15:45:46 CDT 2011

The Hart's pass road is a 1-2 lane dirt road, very exposed in places,
with 1000's of feet of drop off in places.  I suspect the road is
managed under contract by the USFS, and is not a county road or even a
state road.  Given the USFS budget, I think they will wait for the
snow to melt, wait for the road to dry out to avoid ruts, then send a
grader up if they have the budget.  I've been to Hart's Pass in mid
August, just a week after the grader was there, and that was in a
moderate snow year.  Hart's Pass is just shy of the end of the road,
and the end of the road is the highest road in WA state.