[pct-l] awful trail shoes

Hikes and Bikes hikingis4me2 at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 10:29:49 CDT 2011

I bought a pair of Keen hiking shoes in 2008 which came apart after 300 miles.  I contacted Keen, took pictures of where the shoes fell apart and chose a pair of regular 'dress' shoes as a replacement.  Imagine my surprise when the  brown Mary Janes I chose arrived in black!

The Keen shoes tore up my feet.  They sure were comfortable in the store, but on the trail, I had blisters everywhere.  At Mazama, I soaked my feet in zip bags with ice cubes.  I met someone else on the trail who had the same model in boots.  Her feet were also torn up.

Lost and Found

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, Guinness in one hand, steak in the other, yell 'Holy Sh**, What a Ride!"