[pct-l] Long shot but here goes ... lost some items in section A

Dan Engleman danengleman at yahoo.com
Sun May 29 23:37:35 CDT 2011

I got caught in a major storm, while doing my first thru attempt, today.  I am
safely in Warner Springs, but I think the overgrown brush pickpocketed a few
items off my pack.  My fancy hiking poles failed to do their little twist lock
thingy so I could not weather the storm up top so I packed up and hit the trail
about 4:00 am; I was about an hour and a half from 3rd gate and the weather just
got worse and worse.  For those who are local or remember that part of the
trail, it wasn't until I happened by a little cave dug out on the side of the
mountain where I realized that I was missing the pole; I was hoping to return
them since both of them failed to lock when I needed them the most.  Later I
realized that I had my spare socks (in a mesh sack) and my sun hat (Solumbra)
just so happened to be hanging on one of the hiking poles (guess I found out why
hanging things on your treking poles isn't a good idea).  Oh the lessons are
coming to me in abundance ... well short story long: if anyone hikes up in those
parts and finds those items I would be willing to pay the shipping to get them.
If I didn't get such a late start on my thru I would go back there (with some
hedge clippers).

711
you can reach me offline at danengleman at yahoo.com if you would like ...

Today's hike was like I was watching some harrowing mountain climber movie and
then all of a sudden realizing that I am in the movie ...