[pct-l] Just Kids...."Taking Chance" and the PCT

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Tue May 31 07:32:28 CDT 2011

Unsupported JMT Reinhold wrote: We did not consider our self to be "just kids", but now that I am older  and wiser I  realize, we WERE "just kids".
Nothing has really changed and many of our troops serving in Iraq and Afghanistan are still "just kids"....not yet old enough to drink, but old enough to die for their country.   Think about that for a moment, on Memorial Day, and what that day stands for.
Retired Veteran Switchback replies: Yes, I agree.  One thing I would like to see is to remember all the PCT folks who have passed on too.  Some were Trail Angels, some were hikers, some were friends of the trail.  It does not matter their relationship to the trail.  The fact they cared is all that is important.  The trail was an important part of their lives.  Trail folks were an important part of their lives too.  I know life is for the living, but remembrance is not bad either.