[pct-l] Day pack recommendation?

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Tue Nov 8 15:28:59 CST 2011

Jason,

There are probably as many daypack choices as there are listserve members.  I went to my local outfitter with a list of criteria and tried on packs until I found one that came close to meeting my goals.   Among my criteria were:

a separate compartment for wet or dirty gear (good rock climber packs all have a section for dirty shoes);

modest cost;

comfort with about 10 lbs;

side pockets that would securely hold my water bottles;

comfortable waist belt and shoulder straps ;

adjustable for my body type;

security clip inside a small pcket for car keys;

water-resistant zippers;

strong stitching;

warranty from store;

I ended up getting a Granite Gear; the Mammut was neat but too pricey, IIRC.

Good luck,

Mango