[pct-l] Tarptent contrail

Alicia Reenders a.reenders at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 06:04:34 CST 2011

My boyfriend used the contrail on an AT thru-hike and loved it as well. The
only issue was what any single wall tent will have: when it gets soaked in
the rain, there's no way to separate the main body to keep it dry. Unless
you dry it out, it will be soaked inside when you set it up, and unless you
want to dry it out, so will all your gear. This is tough when it rains for
a few days in a row. Probably you will be pretty wet either way, but a tent
with separate fly is a little better for that.

We will be using the Fly Creek 2 on our PCT hike next year. A double
walled, semi-free standing 2 person tent weighs 2 lbs. tight, but we fit.
Anyone use this on the PCT yet? They were everywhere on the AT.