[pct-l] Carrying weapons

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Nov 12 03:19:27 CST 2011

Reinhold, I think you've made a serious mistake, which you almost never do.  If she
sed the flamethrower on Switchback's "bullseye" fire would not be the
oncern.  The resulting gaseous explosion would probably knock pine cones
rom trees for miles around.  You have take into consideration the
ollateral damage that the "widowmakers" from Coulter Pine Trees if they
all on innocent hikers.  Sorry to make this criticism but just couldn't resist.  You err so seldom,
nlike Switchback.
Switchback replies: This is an outrage.  This is an insult.  This is a slanderous attack.  I take great exception to the comment

of a gaseous explosion knocking pine cones from trees for miles around.  The explosion would easily knock pine cones off trees
along the whole eastern Sierras.   This would start near Kennedy Meadows to al least Toloumne Meadows.  No problem.
The PCT would be closed for weeks for the clean-up.