[pct-l] CUT AND PASTE REPLIES TO DIGESTS

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Mon Nov 14 05:47:05 CST 2011

You guys, complaining about the "List Format'', are creating your own
problems by receiving the issues in a ''Digest '' format which clutter
your mail box........it also used to drive me wild.
If, instead , you read the posts on the Pct - L Archives and reply from
the Pct - L Archives, you eliminate all those problems.
You read what you want, reply to what you want, you do not have to
delete  anything.
No more cluttered mail box and best of all, you no longer will get those
long, pestie e-mails from Switchback and Reinhold.
I don't care if a post (issue), from an adversary is 20 pages long....I
don't have to open it, and I don't have to delete it because it does not
clutter my mail box.
You can read the posts (issues) by date, issuer, or by topic anytime you
choose, because they will be there.....in the archives.....today,
tomorrow, next month or next year which, I assume,  would solve your problem

JMT Reinhold
Your archives loving trail companion
James wrote:
I eceived the Pct-L Digest, Vol 47, Issues 13 and 14 and 75% of the
Digest was a reply to a message from a prior digest.
  Why did this take so much room -- BECAUSE the person did NOT take the
time to CUT and PASTE the message they were commenting on but just hit
the reply button and sent back the complete Digest.
  Digest 14 was 86k - issue 13 was 150k -- average size of a Digest is
30 to 40k
ANOTHER REMINDER To everyone that received the PCT messages in Digest
version.
Please cut and paste any message that you wish to reply to into a NEW
email and add the same subject line in the header.
  This will make it easier for everyone to follow the discussions and
not get lost in the clutter when complete digests are reposted by just
replying.

YosemiteJames