[pct-l] PCTA rating by CharityNavigator

Becky Hiker beckyhiker at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 19 07:18:00 CST 2011

Happy to see the PCTA get a pretty good rating by CharityNavigator.org although I was shocked to see Executive Director, Liz Bergeron's compensation of $100,000.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=11449
Page 7: http://www.pcta.org/pdf/PCTA-2009-Form-990.pdf
Page 7: http://www.pcta.org/pdf/2010-pcta-form-990.pdf

Seriously?  Who approves such a salary?  Is that reasonable compensation for a non-profit to pay its leader from donated funds during hard economic times?  I may be from the Dark Ages and my perspective may be warped on a teacher's salary, but such a sum sure seems like excessive compensation for a non-profit.