[pct-l] Weekend Hike (Tangentially PCT-Related)

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 19:18:53 CST 2011

Skyline to the Sea is one of my favorite in the Bay Area.  The first place
I took my daughter backpacking when she was 6 or 7, but Henry Coe is huge
and gorgeous, just watch the stream crossings in case of heavy rains this
time of year.  Zinger and I used it as a training ground last year as some
of the trails are really steep and great workouts.  I used it as the
subject for one of my Walk About columns:
http://martinez.patch.com/articles/walk-about-martinez-16  It was a three
day loop into the Orestimba Wilderness and was gorgeous!  If you choose to
hike the Narrows which is really fun and beautiful, you will be wading for
a mile or two.

You might also hike up at Pt. Reyes out the Bear Valley trail and make a 3
day loop of Mt. Wittenberg, or go to Mt. Tamalpais and hike up the Dipsea
or Matt Davis Trails to several back country camps on the mtn.

Have a great time!

Shroomer