[pct-l] Weekend Hike (Tangentially PCT-Related)

leestcoast at gmail.com leestcoast at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 19:32:41 CST 2011

Yes you can do it in a day with a car shuttle. My son and I did it in '07 from the sea (Waddell Beach) up to Skyline. He was training for the Jansport 8000 Meter Challenge, so was after elevation gain.  He  arrived under 12 hrs., I finished in about 12 1/2 hrs. Going the opposite direction (downhill) should be a lot faster. Note: there's no legal overnite parking at either end. And yes, there's no camping on the trail (except for those closed campgrounds). We established 2 water caches before hand.
Cruz Control

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by CREDO Mobile.