[pct-l] History of Backpacking

shelly skye shelbel26 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 16:51:18 CST 2011

This isn't the first time the issue of inappropriate posts with these guys
has come up here. Apparently folks who like to joke with one another about
sexual, political and paramilitary issues are free and clear to post on the
PCT-l without any one taking them to task... that is, the person in charge
doesn't seem do anything about it. I grew up with people like this and
because of the negativity they spread around I generally try to avoid them
as much as possible. With a public forum it is hard to do, even if one
filters their posts. If their posts had something helpful to say to
members, other than themselves, the occasional off color joke would be easy
enough to manage. But it looks to me that they are tolerated, kind of like
that creepy old relative that most everyone has in the family. Complaining
hasn't seemed to help in the past but maybe this time...?

--
Shelly