[pct-l] Early section hike

kschmidt at ssl.berkeley.edu kschmidt at ssl.berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 29 16:48:58 CST 2011

Hi,

In March 2010 a girlfriend and I hiked part of section A. Through contact
with the San Diego Sheriff's Department in Julian, Ca we arranged to park
a car in their parking lot in on Highway 79 in Julian, Ca. We hiked to up
Charriot Canyon and hitched a ride into Julian and enjoyed some pie before
picking up the car.

I don't remember her name but an extremely nice woman worked in the
station. Also I can't think of a safer place to park a car than in front
of a Sheriff's station.

You could hike to scissor's crossing and hitch to Julian for some more pct
miles.

http://g.co/maps/gnqpu

That's an option.

Best,