[pct-l] THREE questions

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 17:00:51 CDT 2011

I just crossed over at the monument 2 weeks ago and had no problems.  As
before, no one asked to see my Canadian entry permit.  There were plenty of
border patrol out on the US side however with automatic weapons, scopes and
backpacks.  Eight had gone in from Harts Pass just hours before we did, and
although I didn't see them, a number of the folks we met on trail did.  They
reported pleasant encounters, but had been a bit shocked by seeing them in
full regalia.  They told the other hikers they were out looking for drug
runners, which we also did not see any of.

Shroomer