[pct-l] Three Questions/Going Stoveless

dicentra dicentragirl at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 5 11:02:35 CDT 2011

Did someone say FOOD!?  That got my attention!!

I think a lot of hikers ditch the stove, not because of weight, but because they just don't want to spend the time making meals.  Faster and easier to just eat something.

That said... Any of the just-add-water, freezerbag cooking, types of meals can be eaten hot or cold.  They will take a little more time to rehydrate in cold water, but if you think ahead, your meals can be rehydrating while you are hiking... Then your food is ready whenever you are ready to stop.

Yes, this even works for cold (gag, imho) instant oatmeal...

Do what works for you. HYOH.

I hope that's helpful...

~Dicentra

http://www.onepanwonders.com ~ Backcountry Cooking at its Finest