[pct-l] how do long distance hikers make a living?

Krikor Y kyeremian at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 12:34:08 CDT 2011

For any thru and long distance hikers, or simply those who hike for more
than 2 days at a time multiple times per month or year...how do you generate
income? I'm in my late twenties, recently married with a mortgage and a job
with limited vacation days. I am considering changing careers so I can live
my dream of hiking for extended periods of time multiple times per year. Do
you guys have any suggestions or experiences as to careers that support such
a lifestyle?