[pct-l] Snow in Section N

Meridith Rosendahl meridith.rosendahl at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 12:36:38 CDT 2011

In the last few days I've seen 2 section hikers, one headed NOBO and one
SOBO from the Chester area.  I asked a lot of "are you sure you're prepared
to do this" sort of questions, and then delivered them to their starting
points.  I got a call last night from the young SOBO woman who had made it
to Belden.  She woke up yesterday to 8-10 inches of snow on her tent and had
to slog through up to 2 feet of snow in places.  I'll be checking to see if
the other hiker made it through Lassen Park to Drakesbad.  It was pretty
nasty last night, colder and with more snow.

Piper's Mom