[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 46, Issue 6

Krikor Y kyeremian at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 13:40:41 CDT 2011

you guys are so great, some of your stories are very encouraging! though i
don't add quite up in life experience to you guys, i can definitely relate
on the fact that its never too late to follow your dreams. as for myself, i
currently work for our family business. my father started it and has been
through more struggle than i can imagine to get the company to the state
that it is in today, and his struggle continues, so basically he deserves to
retire more than anyone that i can think of. my goal right now is to put the
guy's mind at ease by taking over the company. while i say this, please keep
in mind that he has never imposed the responsibility of running the business
on me and has given me the freedom to make my own life choices. so
basically, we have begun to put the wheels in motion of getting me ready to
ease into his position within the next few years, and he did something this
past month that he had never done in his life, took 2 weeks vacation with my
mother. i think he is making great progress considering his workaholic
tendencies, and i am enjoying the added responsibilities.

however, my past hiking experiences have always been present in the back of
my mind. i have always felt a bond with mountains and often times daydream
about being out there. i know that hiking is my dream and like someone said
in a previous thread, all the moments may have not been the greatest, but i
still look back on them fondly. i think once you are out in the wilderness
long enough, you are able to tune yourself  in with nature to get closer to
a somewhat primal state. i miss that feeling and am constantly remind myself
that the feeling is what i'm after over all else.

so i have gotten myself into a dilemma that at times concerns me. i want to
help my father into retirement because if i don't do it, the burden of
running the business is back on him. if i stay, then i give up at least the
next couple years of my dream. i think i have a solution. i have begun
writing up plans for a mobile business. essentially, my business would
perform sales and installation for existing home improvement companies. the
only capital assets needed are tools and a work van. i wouldn't need
headquarters, and would need very limited staff that don't even need to be
employees but rather subcontractors. it is very exciting because i envision
myself running this business from any location with only an internet
connection.

i think what i have to do is play it smart and maintain my objective of
getting back to that primal state you are in when you are in tune with
nature. if i can keep that in mind then my professional life can be adjusted
to accommodate. though i have to work hard and sacrifice my time to get
there over the next few years, at least i'll know i earned it because after
all, its never too late!