[pct-l] how do long distance hikers make a living?

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 23:03:24 CDT 2011

One hiker I met was a Nurse,  apparently there are lots of short term
contract nursing jobs that pay pretty well.
He would contract for 6 to 18 months, then hike or bike (he rode a bike a
lot too) between jobs.  Did this for years and
made pretty good $ too.

I also met someone that worked at McMurdo Station - South Pole as a cook.
Worked on 6 month contracts.  Worked winters hiked summers.

-- Day-Late