[pct-l] Scott Williamson on track to set a new pct record

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Oct 8 11:24:53 CDT 2011

High gang,
Scott Williamson, the undisputed, unquestionable, undeniable ''King of
the PCT'' with 12 PCT "thru-hikes" including 2 yo-yos and 2 records
already behind his belt is about to make it 13 ''thru-hikes'' and 3 records.

Yes, Scott is on track to beat the record he and Adam Bradley set in 2009.
Scott is scheduled to arive at the Mexican Border in the afternoon on
Tuesday, October 11.
Michelle, his wife, told me Scott is in good spirit but she is worried
about him because he looked pretty worn at Kennedy Mdws. and he will be
hiking through the night on Monday and will be very tired and hungry
when he arrives at the border Tuesday..
I promised Michelle that Karen and I will fatten Scott up a little at
our home before shipping him back to Michelle
in Truckee.

So, if any of you folks or ''Hiker Trash'' want to shake hands with the
one and only  Scott Williamson, the one and only  ''King of the PCT'',
come on out on Tuesday.

I know all records sooner or later get broken,....but I am not sure if
Scott's accomplishments on the PCT will ever be equaled.....not in my
life time anyhow.

JMT Reinhold