[pct-l] Old Timers....getting lost & forgetfulness

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Oct 8 19:02:36 CDT 2011

Wrong Way Reinhold writes: I seem to be getting somewhat forgetful in my old age also. Sometimes, while hiking, I find myself wondering....am I on the JMT or the PCT....or am I on the CDT....or perhaps the AT??? Let's see now,....am I supposed to be going North or South?......Hhhmmm........ Am I lost?....NEVER....not me....not JMT Reinhold!!!  I  KNOW  WHERE  I  AM.......I'm somewhere on the North American Continent....I just don't know exactly where.  But I am never lost....not me....not JMT Reinhold
Switchback replies: This reminds me of what I use to tell the pilots when they asked me where we were at.  I always said I did not know where we were at, but we were on time.  My big concern was that they got me to Japan or Germany or wherever before the stores closed, so I could go shopping.  All my relatives would give me lists of what they wanted from overseas.