[pct-l] Thanks "From a Newbie"

Joel Hawk Joel at JoelHawk.com
Sun Oct 9 12:54:15 CDT 2011

Thanks to everyone who has offered words of experience/wisdom and some of
your practical insights and even to connect to talk one-on-one.  I'm
motivated more than ever now with such support from this forum.  My
adverseness to cold is simply couched by my living in San Diego for so long.
I'm not really "that" cold adverse, but I'd rather be warm without having to
dig out from under a few feet of snow if you know what I mean.  Growing up
on the farm, retiring from the Navy after 24 years, running two marathons,
countless half-marathons, a couple of cycling centuries and triathlons,
needing to get back into shape some and now looking for another challenge
has led me to this new goal.  My schedule will not allow a thru-hike just
yet (something about a mortgage), but I am looking forward to meeting some
of you on the trails.  Thanks again.

Joel