[pct-l] Scott Williamson on track to set a new pct record

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Oct 9 18:58:04 CDT 2011

Unsupport Snow Bunny Reinhold writes: BTW....this was my 11th JMT thru.....I can always hike the JMT, but Hawaii and the chance to hike Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa does not present itself everyday.  After all, they are the tallest mountains in the world, measured from their base.-------------------------------------------
Switchback replies: This is very weak.  Only eleven JMT thru-hikes.  You should have been out there when men were real men.  My first hike on the JMT was in 1970 with Macaroni the Rattlesnake out of Show Low, AZ .  This was when the last Ice Age Glaciers were retreating out of the Sierras.  We were deep into the Sierras in the 1960's.  Back in those days we had to watch out for marauding-captive selling Indians and grizzly bears.  We broke the trail for you later pilgrims and "light weight" weakies.  You know the crowd that says, "Oh, my spoon weighs too much.  I have to cut off the handle to save half an ounce."  Give me a break.  Boo hooo, hooo.  I want my mommy.  A good 85 pound pack like Norman Clyde makes for a nice early morning walk into the Sierras.  By the way, he was known as the "Pack Who Walked."  In 2013 I will show you what real record breaking hiking is all about on my thru-hike.