[pct-l] Horseshoe Meadow Kickback Campout Expedition

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Oct 10 18:27:08 CDT 2011

Afraid to do the JMT Super Senior Reinhold writes:  Yes Switchback, I am in complete  ''AWE''  of your amazing, death defying expeditions.
While you will be struggling to survive on your triple ''Therma-Rest'', eating hot gourmet food and wearing fuzzy pink camp slippers on Tuesday, October 11,......I will be at the Mexican Border, waiting for a hiker, Scott Williamson, that has hiked a mere 40+ miles a day for 65 days, without a stove indulging in cold gourmet black bean dinners.  Yes Switchback, you amaze me with your ability to push yourself to the limit, go ''Spartan'' and deny yourself the pleasures of the flesh.  You are truly amazing and hardcore....they just don't make them like you anymore.
Switchback replies: Say, when you and the misses take Scott out for a nice Mexican dinner when he get in.  I suggest a black bean  and tortilla dinner.  That should make him really happy.  Also, I plan on doing a lot more than a measly 40 miles per day on my 2013 PCT thru-hike.  I congratulate Scott of a job well done, but in 65 days I could do the Triple Crown.  In fact I would have to throttle back to stretch it out to 65 days.  Wow.  He must have left a lot in the tank, so he could break his own record later on.  I know, may be Scott would like to go with me in 2013.  We would have lots of fun pacing each other.  I promise it would be super fun hike.  This is a Switchback world famous guarantee.  It will be the fastest PCT hike and the most fun.  Lots of laughs and goofing off.  I am practically ready to do it now, but work responsibilities will keep busy until January 2013 when I retire.  I absolutely guarantee it will be a historic record when I go in 2013.