[pct-l] Scott Williamson up date...correction

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Mon Oct 10 19:13:16 CDT 2011

Hi gang,
I meant to say greet, not greed.
BTW....Sam Fox, the 24 year old Yale University track star and record
high jumper that was also atemting to set a new PCT record and raise
money for Parkinson disease, abandoned his attempt. He is skipping the
Sierra,
due to the recent snow, and will reenter the PCT at Walker pass and
continue to the border.
I told Michelle a month ago, because of his (Sam) late start he might
get stopped by snow in the Sierra.....and so it happened.....it just
shows how proper planing and knowing the trail is crucial.
Nobody knows the trail like Scott, and Scott knew it is best to get
through the Sierra before October.
But, it is all part of the equation.

JMT Reinhold